Smoke shaft lobby vent conforming to EN12101-8
The Advantage is a 1 and 2 hour fire resistant AOV smoke control damper suitable for multi-compartment applications of smoke control such as lobby to smoke shaft ventilators.
The product is based on a damper door design and has been tested and certified to BS EN12101-8 achieving 1 and 2 hour fire rating. This is particularly important so to maintain the fire integrity of any shaft.
The Avantage AOV smoke control damper is noted for its superior airtight properties. The damper is available as a motorised version providing a practical solution for large buildings where fire safety equipment is regularly tested.
The unit is completed with a decorative aluminium grille on the front. It fixes into a fire compartment shaft wall and is fixed within the opening through the sides of the damper.
Recommended fixing details are available on request to suit an array of fire compartment walls together with safety, installation and maintenance instructions.
The front face grille is fixed to the damper unit flange and has the option of being coloured black behind the grille for improved aesthetics. The grilles are attached with concealed fixings and have an option of a removable and or hinged core to allow maintenance access to the damper
- Superior air tightness (tested at 1500 Pa)
- Minimal pressure drop
- Improved energy efficiency and acoustic insulation
- Removable or hinged core for easy maintenance
- Various models for automatic (AOV) and or manual (OV) operation
- Auxiliary switches for remote damper position indication
- Single and double door dampers
- Efficient robust decorative finishing grille with concealed fixings
- The wiring connection and the drive motor mechanism is accessed lobby side of the ventilator behind the decorative grille
- Easy access for service and maintenance
- Wide range of sizes for optimal selection considering pressure drop and space available
Range of sizes
|Min. W x H (mm)||Max. W x H (mm)|
|1V 60 ME
2V 120 ME